Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recession and Recovery

Current recession really hit us all. Hundreds (if not thousands) seafarers loose their jobs as well as our national shipping line. Daily economic reports become my major concern while listening to news radio. When this disaster will go..?, When will the stock market will recover…? Thousands of questions of uncertainties. Off season football transfer window no more catch my attention. Ronaldo and Teves news make me feel need to gag. But, maybe it’s was a good news for Liverpool too.

Situation change suddenly. I’ve got a really good offer from BP Ship’s Care as Flotilla Engineer. Good enough for me whose quit sailing with only 4th Class COC. Big enough for shore base job with my diploma. Factory Manager may shock if they know how much I’ll get. BP Ship’s Care business becomes hit of the town. They’re boosting with more vessel will come to Labuan for resting. Cold laid up business make them uproar for new recruitment. Shipping business slump, ship doesn’t have cargo and head to Labuan for laying up. As simple as that. Looks like not everybody is suffering the recession.

This condition really affects me. Previously, we’re prayed for economic come back. My new jobs need the global economy to stay at current situation. News of recovery, stock price goes up or everything which is good for normal business means my position is in jeopardy. For how long I can keep this job?

Rezeki ada dimana-mana. I hope my gamble by accepting this job offer will come out with something. Manusia hanya merancang, Tuhan yang akan menentukan.

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck Syed, Bumi Allah ni luas dan masih banyak benda yg boleh diterokai. Anyway wish you all the best at new place next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for the compliment duke. Risau gak nak gi sana. Tapi redah je la. Abis kontrek nanti pikir lain pulak

    ReplyDelete
  3. go syed....penat kan berulang tetiap hari keja kat KL...la nih bawak family kut sekali gie labuan...

    ReplyDelete
  4. tak dapat la nak bawak family fad.. wife aku ce'egu. kalau aku bawak bini aku pegi labuan, silap2 anak murid dia bleh jadi bujang lapok. Alif-Mim-Nun-Wau = Sarkis

    ReplyDelete